International Actions to Halt and Delay 5G
International Actions to Halt and Delay 5G
The growing awareness of the health impact of the 4G/5G densification is resulting in action by policymakers worldwide. Cities are issuing resolutions and calls for research before deployment. There are citizen organizations in almost every country working on this and a growing list of public officials speaking out.
For example, in the United States the state of New Hampshire has a 5G Bill HB 522 that asks, “Why have 1,000s of peer-reviewed studies, including the recently published U.S. Toxicology Program 16-year $30 million study, that are showing a wide range of statistically significant DNA damage, brain and heart tumors, infertility, and so many other ailments, being ignored by the Federal Communication Commission (FCC)?” and, “Why have more than 220 of the worlds leading scientists signed an appeal to the WHO and the United Nations to protect public health from wireless radiation and nothing has been done?”
EHT is compiling a list of actions. This is NOT a complete list. Please email EHT at [email protected] let us know actions we need to add. Note that US City actions are detailed on the EHT page on City 4G/5G policy.
Belgium, Brussels, Radiation concerns halt Brussels 5G development, for now, HLN Brussels Times, 01/04/2019
Florence, Italy “It causes damage to the body!” Florence brakes on 5G and applies the Precautionary Principle. Motion in defense of health approved (almost) unanimous, EXCLUSIVE NEWS OASI SANA, 05/04/2019
Florence, Italy Florence will use the precautionary principle for the rollout of 5G, Lennart Hardell’s Blog, 08/04/2019
XII Municipality of Rome, Italy A Municipality of Rome votes against 5G: what will the Giunta do? Terra Nuova, 28/03/2019
Municipality of Rocca di Papa, Italy 5G moratorium approved in Rocca di Papa (Rome), the city council deliberates on the precaution: “We do not authorize technologies that can aggravate the unhealthiness” EXCLUSIVE NEWS OASI SANA, 24/04/2019
Montecitori Palace, Rome, Italy Stop 5G: a parliamentary motion commits the Government to the moratorium, Ortica Web, 20/05/2019
Netherlands, Chamber wants radiation research first, then 5G network, AD News, 04/04/2019
Russia, The Ministry of Defense refused to transmit to the operators the frequencies for 5G, Vedomosti, 28/03/2019
Cantons of Geneva and Neuchatel officials vote to halt the 5G rollout (no new permits) until safety is shown. Canton of Vaud also issued a resolution but has been reluctant to implement their resolution.
Switzerland to monitor radiation levels.
Geneva, Canton of Vaud, Geneva stops construction of 5G antennas, 20 Minutes Switzerland, 11/04/2019
Geneva, Canton of Vaud, Geneva blocks the erection of 5G mobile antennas, le News Switzerland, 02/05/2019
Cantons of Geneva, Vaud, and Neuchatel, Switzerland blocks the deployment of 5G telephony until its security is demonstrated, ABC Society, 14/04/2019
Canton of Vaud, Swiss canton blocks 5G mobile rollout, le News Switzerland, 11/04/2019
Cantons of Geneva, Vaud, and Jura, May the antennas be built or not? Cantons complain of 5G chaos, Aargauer Zeitung, 5/22/2019
ZURICH (Reuters) – Switzerland, Switzerland to measure RFR levels and monitor potential health risks posed by 5G networks, KFGO, 17/04/2019
Switzerland (Reuters), Switzerland to monitor potential health risks posed by 5G networks, It News, 18/04/2019
Watch below press coverage from a protest in Bern.
Actions by US Cities:
- Petaluma, California, no Small Cell shall be within 500 feet of any residence.
- Fairfax and Mill Valley California, small cells prohibited in residential zones
- San Diego County, no small cells located within 1,000 feet of schools, child care centers, hospitals, or churches.
- Mason, Ohio, No small cells in residential areas or within 100 feet of residential property
- Burlington, Massachusetts, annual recertification fees for small cells.
- Baton Rouge, Small cell deployment halted. May 30, 2019, Baton Rouge mayor hits pause on AT&T’s ‘small cell’ towers after complaints from residents
See a full compilation of the US Cities issuing ordinances to slow the densification of 4/5G Antennas at this link USA Cities on 5G Small Cells Action.
California – Notable Court Ruling on Small Cells, California Supreme Court Sides with Cities in Small Cell Faceoff, Government Technology, 05/04/2019
Actions proposed in US states include:
- Proposed- New Hampshire Bill 522: An act establishing a commission to study the environmental and health effects of evolving 5G technology which asks “Why have 1,000s of peer-reviewed studies, including the recently published U.S. Toxicology Program 16-year $30 million study, that are showing a wide range of statistically significant DNA damage, brain and heart tumors, infertility, and so many other ailments, being ignored by the Federal Communication Commission (FCC)?” and “Why are the FCC-sanctioned guidelines for public exposure to wireless radiation based only on the thermal effect on the temperature of the skin and do not account for the non- thermal, non-ionizing, biological effects of wireless radiation?”
- Proposed– Montana Joint Resolution 13: “A JOINT RESOLUTION OF THE SENATE AND THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES OF THE STATE OF MONTANA URGING CONGRESS TO AMEND THE FEDERAL TELECOMMUNICATIONS ACT TO ACCOUNT FOR HEALTH EFFECTS OF SITING SMALL CELL NETWORK EQUIPMENT IN RESIDENTIAL AREAS” which states “the State of Montana has long valued its healthy environment and the well-being of its citizens; and the siting of modern small cell network infrastructure in residential areas can create radiation exposure risks for citizens; and section 704 of the federal Telecommunications Act of 1996 prohibits state and local governments from regulating wireless service provider infrastructure sitting on the basis of environmental effects. NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED BY THE SENATE AND THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES OF THE STATE OF MONTANA Congress be urged to amend the federal Telecommunications Act of 1996 to account for the health effects of sitting small cell network equipment in residential areas.”
US CITY RESOLUTIONS
- Hallandale Beach Florida Passes 5G Small Cell Tower Resolution: Read press release here. See the Hallandale Beach Florida Resolution here.
- Greendale, Wisconsin Resolution No. R2018-20 in November 2018 : The Board of Trustees of the Village of Greendale, County of Milwaukee, State of Wisconsin, passed Resolution No. R2018-20 in November 2018 in opposition to the FCC’s September 26, 2018 Order because the Order s an unprecedented attack on local control of Greendale’s largest asset, the public rights-of-way, for 5G technology; threatens the Village’s responsibility to protect the health, safety, and welfare of its residents; and threatens the Village of Greendale’s designation as a National Historic Landmark. The Village asked the FCC for changes that maintain a reasonable level of local control. The Resolution was sent to the FCC and State and Federal officials.Resolution No. R2018-20 Greendale Wisconsin RESOLUTION RELATING TO EXPANDED USE OF PUBLIC RIGHT OF WAY BY WIRELESS PROVIDERS FOR 5G TECHNOLOGY AND OTHER WIRELESS SERVICES, AND ASKING FOR CHANGES THAT MAINTAIN A REASONABLE LEVEL OF LOCAL CONTROL
Increasing Awareness of 5G Health Effects Internationally
- Germany, BfS recommends careful 5G expansion, The Federal Office for Radiation Protection (BfS), 20/03/2019
- Guernsey, Call to halt 5G technology in Guernsey due to health fears, ITV News, 11/03/2019
- Malta, Brussels 5G scare sparks no action over Huawei in Malta, Malta Today, 12/04/2019
Citizen Petitions on 5G
(Please contact us with petition hyperlinked so we can paste your petition in.)
- Australia, Stop the 5G Rollout in Australia, Change.org
- Germany, Germans petition Parliament to stop 5G auction on health grounds, TELECOMPAPER, 08/04/2019
- Switzerland, Petition against 5G and its dangers, Change.org, A 21-year-old nursing school student, Martin Grimm, launched a petition against 5G and its health risks in 5 languages addressed to the President of Switzerland and three others, including the Minister of communications, at the beginning of March. It now has over 50,000 signatures.
- United Kingdom, Stop the Trial of 5G on the Isles of Scilly and Cornwall, 38 Degrees
- United Kingdom, Stop 5G in Bath and North East Somerset, Go Petition
- United Kingdom, The UK EM Radiation Research Trust call for urgent health & safety assessment on 5G, Change.org
See a video on 5G from Australia
This page will be updated soon as we compile more.
Where can I find published research on 5G?
Please go to EHTs page on peer-reviewed published research on 5G
Where can I learn more about 5G?
Letters from the US Congress asking for documentation of safety in regards to the 5G rollout
Chairman Pai’s Response to Members of Congress Regarding the Potential Impact of 5G Deployment on RF Exposure
In a 2019 US Senate hearing on 5G where Blumenthal asks industry representatives about any research on the human health impact of 5G wireless technology and was told that industry is not supporting such research.
See Senator Richard Blumenthal’s Press Release “At Senate Commerce Hearing, Blumenthal Raises Concerns on 5G Wireless Technology’s Potential Health Risks.”
“I believe the American people deserve to know what the health effects are…We are flying blind here on health and safety”.
– Senator Richard Blumenthal