Resources to Take Action on 5G Streamlining Bills
Resources to Take Action on 5G Small Cell Streamlining Bills
Streamlining “small cell” bills are fast tracking at every level of government to pre-empt state and local government authority in regards to 5G small cells. 4G/5G “small” cell antenna installations (close proximity antenna installations) are to be erected in neighborhoods – in front yards on utility poles, street lights and buildings. These streamlining bills also will restrict the rates that government can charge despite the fact that cell installations are shown to decrease property values of homes!
Over 200 scientists and physicians who have researched the biological and health effects of radiofrequency radiation have signed the 5G appeal, calling for a moratorium on the use of 5G technology.
Environmental Health Trust has compiled several key resources to ensure policy makers and governments have the scientific resources they need. Please take the time to review this list as well as the linked 5G community organizations.
A MUST WATCH: Investigate Europe’s Two Part Investigation on 5G: 5G The Mass Experiment (Part 1) and How Much is Safe? Finances Effect Research (Part 2) These 2019 reports covers the 5G rollout and the history of industry influenced research on EMFS.
- What You Need to Know About 5G: This EHT webpage has a quick summary of what you need to know about 5G small cells. We recommend that anyone interested in 5G start here to get an overview of the issues.
- Factsheet on 5G and Health. This factsheet PDF is hyperlinked to scientific resources and key facts about 5G and is best sent electronically to others. 5G Factsheet in Color, 5G Factsheet in Black and White
- Video of Expert Lectures at the Michigan 5G Forum sponsored by Senator Colbeck including Dr. Davis, Dr. Heroux, Dr. Miller, Frank Clegg, former Microsoft Canada President Canada and more.
- Insurance White Papers classify the rollout of 5G and Smartcities as “High Risk.” The 2019 Swiss Re Report 5G is rated as a “high impact” emerging risk affecting property and casualty claims in more than 3 years. “Off the leash – 5G mobile networks” (p. 29)….As the biological effects of EMF in general and 5G in particular are still being debated, potential claims for health impairments may come with a long latency. Read Insurance White Papers here.
- EHT webpage on Protective US City Ordinances that attempt to minimize the small cell roll out in neighborhoods. EHT has compiled ordinances from around the country that you can download and use in your city. This page is critical to provide to your city officials who are interested in what other cities are doing.
Center for Electrosmog Protection has a 5G Action Plan with resources for the public and details on California actions.
5G Technology vs Science and Freedom of Choice: A neighborhood flyer with basic facts by Americans for Responsible Technology
- Websites: Americans for Responsible Technology, Telecom Powergrab, Whatis5g.info, MyStreetMyChoiceWin19.org on Small Cells and 5G, Physicians for Safe Technology 5G ResourcesInternational 5G Appeal signed by over 140 scientists
- Factsheet on 5G and Health.
- Peer reviewed and published scientific research on 5G and 4G “Small” cells: Everyone wants to see the science. Here is a list of studies hyperlinked to the pubmed abstract.
- Briefing on 5G Impacts by Dr. Martin Pall: “5G: Great risk for EU, U.S. and International Health! Compelling Evidence for Eight Distinct Types of Great Harm Caused by Electromagnetic Field(EMF) Exposures and the Mechanism that Causes Them”
- 5G, Fiber Optics the Law by Katie Singer
- Ordinances on 4G/5G in US Cities that are protective and minimize human exposure.
- Letters from Congress to the FCC about 5G and health.
- International Actions to Halt 5G
- Re-Inventing Wires: The Future of Landlines and Networks: White paper on wired technology as the solution.
- “Wireless Silent Spring” by Cindy Russell MD is an article published in the Santa Clara Medical Association Magazine on the environmental impacts of 5G.
- 12/ 20/2018 “Summary of Proposed FCC Small Cell Order”: A critically important explanation by Lawyer Mark Del Bianco with Q and A on the FCC order that strips local authority.
- 10/2018 Memo: “Federal Law Does Not Prohibit the County from Imposing Stricter Procedural Requirements on Wireless Facilities Than on Other Pole Attachments”
- Telecom Powergrab has developed a toolkit for residents with a sample small cell code, factsheets and more.
- Policy Report: Small Cell Facilities in Boulder, CO: Planning Ahead for an Evolving Legal Regime June 4, 2019. The primary goal of this report is to inform decision makers in the City of Boulder as well as other interested governments, about how to most effectively regulate small cell facilities in accordance with local, state, and federal laws. As discussed in the Report, local governments would be wise to employ proactive legal tactics since many of the applicable laws and rules are in flux.
NOTABLE NEWS ARTICLES
- “Mobile phones and health: is 5G being rolled out too fast?” Computer Weekly
- “An Engineer’s Perspective Does 5G Pose Health Risks?” Electronics Blog EDN.com
- “The stars, G5 cell towers, and electromagnetic radiation exposure” by Winona La Duke
- “Preserving Local Voices in Broadband Deployment” by NRDC
- “5G and the FCC: 10 Reasons Why You Should Care” by NRDC
- “5G: The Unreported Global Threat” by Devra Davis PhD, MPH
- Law Office of Harry Lehmann to Marin County Supervisors on Limiting the Scope of Marins Financial Risk on 5G , February 21, 2017
- Law Office of Harry Lehman “5G Government Liability and the Long Con” April 2, 2018
- Letter from Law Office of Harry Lehmann “Mass casualties are likely in District 10 from passage of 648”, July 6, 2017
- Letter from Law Office Of Harry Lehmann to State of California, “Liability for Damage From Microwave Radiation Exposure Sustained by Senate Bill 649 Will Be Shifted to California State”, July 19, 2017
- Letter from Law Office of Harry Lehmann, “SB 649 will disproportionately effect the poor in California”, August 24, 2017“The attached letter of August 10th , in response to a Consultant’s question, explains in legal terms why the State remains liable, both directly and derivatively, for the same liabilities to which the cities and counties will be exposed from implementation of SB 649.”
Scientific analyses show industry funding can and does influence research on radiofrequency radiation. Please take the time to review each of these studies and to review the documentation provided by experts. This webpage has published citations on the influence of industry and vested interests (scroll down). Please also be aware of these investigative reports on industry influence which summarize the issue:
- The Harvard Press Book “Captured Agency: How the Federal Communications Commission is Dominated by the Industries it Presumably Regulates” by Norm Alster documents the financial ties between the US federal government’s Federal communications Commission (FCC) and how, as a result, the wireless industry has bought inordinate access to—and power over—a major US regulatory agency. Read that here.
- “The Disinformation Campaign—And Massive Radiation Increase—Behind The 5G Rollout” by Mark Hertsgaard And Mark Dowie in The Nation April 23, 2018
- Investigate Europe Reports 2019: 5G The Mass Experiment (Part 1) and How Much is Safe? Finances Effect Research (Part 2) This two part investigative report in 2019 covers the 5G rollout and the history of industry influenced research on EMFS. The journalists identified a group of fourteen scientists who either helped create, or defend, the EMF exposure guidelines disseminated by ICNIRP, a non- governmental organization (NGO) based in Germany. ICNIRP’s self-selected members argue that the thousands of peer-reviewed studies that have found harmful biologic or health effects from chronic exposure to non-thermal levels of EMF are insufficient to warrant stronger safety guidelines. “The ICNIRP Cartel: Who’s Who in the EMF Research World,” an interactive graphic developed by Investigate Europe (German ICNIRP Cartel).
- EHT’s Webpage with links to published research in industry influence. Industry Influence to EMF Science
MORE KEY RESOURCES
Please watch these videos and share these videos.
Other Important Websites on 5G and Small Cells.
EHTs 5G Factsheet5G_What You Need to Know
CRITICAL LINKS TO INFORMATION ON 5G
Whatis5g.info on the human and environmental impact of 5G
My Street My Choice: Critical information and links to help residents fight 5G Small Cells.
KEY RESEARCH AND REPORTS
- Link to 5G Frequencies Are Absorbed Into the Skin
- Link to review study that states radiofrequency is a human carcinogen.
- Link to 5G Frequencies Are Used As Weapons
- Link to Landmark US National Toxicology Program (NTP) Study Finds “Clear Evidence of Cancer” and DNA Damage
- Link to Cell Tower Radiation is Linked To Damage in Human Blood
- Link to Published Scientific Review on 5G Finds Adverse Effects
- Link to Cellular Radiation Negatively Impacts Birds
- Link to Cellular Radiation Negatively Impacts Bees
- Link to Overview of Cell Tower Health Effects
- Link to Research on Cell Towers and Health Effects
- Link to Bees, Butterflies and Wildlife
- Link to Impact of Cell Towers on Property Values
- Link to American Academy of Pediatrics on Cell Towers
- Link to Letters from Doctors on Small Cell 5G in Neighborhoods
- Link to Firefighters Oppose Cell Towers on Fire Stations
- Link to Insurance White Papers on Impact of Wireless on Health
- Link to Cell Towers at Schools
- Link to Cell Tower Companies Warn Shareholders of Risk but not People Living Near Their Towers or Using Their Products
- Link to Insurance Company Exclude Electromagnetic Fields as a Standard
- Link to Study Found Damage in Human Blood
- Link to FCC Limits are Non Protective
- Link to 5G Technology
- Link to Cell Tower Worker Safety Issues
- Link to Research on 5G and Cell Tower Radiation
- Link to A 5G Wireless Future: Will it give us a smart nation or contribute to an unhealthy one?” Santa Clara Medical Association Bulletin, Cindy Russell MD, 2017
- Link to Letters by Scientists in Opposition To 5G Research on Cell Tower Radiation, 2017
- Link to Biological Effects from Exposure to Electromagnetic Radiation Emitted by Cell Tower Base Stations and Other Antenna Arrays, Levitt and Lai, 2010
- Link to Radiofrequency radiation injures trees around mobile phone base stations, Waldmann-Selsam et al., 2016
- Link to Department of Interior Letter on the Impact of Cell Towers on Migratory Birds, Willie R. Taylor Director, Office of Environmental Policy and Compliance, 2014
- Link to Anthropogenic radiofrequency electromagnetic fields as an emerging threat to wildlife orientation, Balmori, 2015
- Link to Briefing Memorandum On The Impacts from Thermal and Non-thermal Non-ionizing Radiation to Birds and Other Wildlife, Manville, 2016
- Link to Database of Worldwide International Policy To Reduce EMF
- Link to Youtube Scientific Videos on 5G
More Resources from Physicians for Safe Technology
- Cell Tower Zoning and Placement: Navigating Recent FCC Changes 2015. Legal Rights. Cell Tower Zoning: Navigating Recent FCC Changes, National Business Institute Teleconference
- 10 Key Issues for California Cities. Omar Masry. Medium. 10 Key Issues for California Cities and Counties on the Challenges of Small Cells
- Cell Tower Landlord’s Checklist: Know Your Rights Amid Mobile Carrier Mega Mergers. BBK Law.
Cell Tower Landlord’s Checklist
- League of Cities Legal Perspective on Telecommunications Law Wireless Antenna Update: Distributed Antenna Systems State and Federal Mandatory Collocation; New Regulatory and Legal Challenges
- Wireless in the Rights of Way and on Private Property. BBK.Law June 2017 Presentation. Wireless in the Rights of Public Way
- Local Authority Over Wireless Facilities in Public Rights-of-Way. April 2018.
BBK Legal Letter April 24, 2018
- Cell Towers-Wireless Convenience or Environmental Hazard? (2000) Blake Levitt. She notes that Diane Feinstein did attempt to revise the 1996 Telecommunications Act.
- Biological effects from exposure to electromagnetic radiation emitted by cell tower base stations and other antenna arrays. (2010) Page 374- Biological Effects at Low intensity) Blake Levitt, Henry Lai. Environmental Reviews, 2010, 18(NA): 369-395. http://www.nrcresearchpress.com/doi/full/10.1139/A10-018#.WYUlOHeZNo4
BioInitiative 2012: A Comprehensive Report by Independent Scientists on the Science of Electromagnetic Radiation
The Baby Safe Project: EPA Recognized Awareness Program on Pregnancy and Wireless
The Panoply of Microwave Frequencies/Wavelengths in a 4G/5G World (Scientists 4 Wired Tech)
- 5G: 600 MHz = waves 20 inches long
- 4G: 700 MHz = waves 17 inches long
- 3G/4G: 800 MHz = waves 15 inches long
- 3G/4G: 900 MHz = waves 13 inches long
- 3G/4G: 1800 MHz = waves 7 inches long
- 3G/4G: 2100 MHz = waves 6 inches long
- Wi-Fi: 2450 MHz = waves 5 inches long (unlicensed)
- 5G: 3100 MHz to 3550 MHz = waves 3.8 to 3.3 inches long
- 5G: 3550 MHz to 3700 MHz = waves 3.3 to 3.2 inches long
- 5G: 3700 MHz to 4200 MHz = waves 3.2 to 2.8 inches long
- 5G: 4200 to 4900 MHz = waves 2.8 to 2.4 inches long
- Wi-Fi: 5800 MHz = waves 2.0 inches long (unlicensed)
- 5G: 24,250 to 24,450 MHz = waves 0.5 inch long
- 5G: 25,050 to 25,250 MHz = waves 0.5 inch long
- 5G: 25,250 to 27,500 MHz = waves 0.4 inch long
- 5G: 27,500 to 29,500 MHz = waves 0.4 inch long
- 5G: 31,800 to 33,400 MHz = waves 0.4 inch long
- 5G: 37,000 to 40,000 MHz = waves 0.3 inch long
- 5G: 42,000 to 42,500 MHz = waves 0.3 inch long
- 5G: 57,000 to 64,500 MHz = waves 0.3 inch long (unlicensed)
- 5G: 64,000 to 71,000 MHz = waves 0.2 inch long
- 5G: 71,000 to 76,000 MHz = waves 0.2 inch long
- 5G: 81,000 to 86,000 MHz = waves 0.1 inch long
All of the waves listed above are examples of both Microwaves and Radio waves, therefore, scientists use the term Radio-Frequency Microwave Radiation (RF/MW radiation) to describe this entire range of wavelengths/frequencies.
Radio waves are from 1 mm to 100,000,000 meters (frequency of 300,000 MHz down to 3 Hz)
Microwaves are from 1 mm to 1 meter (frequency of 300,000 MHz down to 300 MHz)