WHO WE ARE
Environmental Health Trust (EHT) is a think tank that promotes a healthier environment through research, education, and policy.
We are the only nonprofit organization in the world that carries out cutting edge research on environmental health hazards and also works directly with communities, health and education professionals, and policymakers to understand and mitigate these hazards.
A thriving world where technology is both state-of-the-art and safe for all.
To safeguard human health and the environment by empowering people with state-of-the-art information.
- We work with world-class experts to conduct cutting-edge research that can help inform improved safety standards for sources of pollution, including devices that emit microwave radiation
- We publish articles in peer reviewed journals about controllable environmental health hazards
- We develop science-based multimedia tools to educate individuals, families, health and education professionals, and communities about public health threats
- We put forward solutions for safer use of technology in homes, schools, and public spaces
- We work with decision-makers at local, state, national, and international levels to develop and promote sound public health policies based on peer-reviewed research and input from experts
- We research, document, and summarize worldwide policies to raise awareness of environmental risks among policymakers and the general public
View Our 10 Year Report Here:
EHT is led by Dr. Devra Davis, PhD,. MPH, an award-winning, internationally renowned scientist who also was the founding director of the Board on Environmental Studies and Toxicology of the U.S. National Research Council, National Academy of Sciences. Currently, EHT focuses on raising awareness on the established impacts of cell phone use on public health and performing cutting edge research on exposure to cell phone and other wireless radiation.
Past multi-media projects include: local and national campaigns to ban smoking and asbestos, exploring what factors lie behind puzzlingly high rates of fibroid tumors, breast cancer and endometriosis in young African American women, and building environmental wellness programs in Wyoming and Pennsylvania to address the environmental impacts of energy development, the built environment and radon.
Environmental Health Trust was created with the goal of promoting health and preventing disease one person, one community and one nation at a time. Capitalizing on growing public interest in Devra Davis’ popular books, When Smoke Ran Like Water, a National Book Award Finalist, The Secret History of the War on Cancer, and Disconnect—the truth about cellphone radiation, what industry has done to hide it and how to protect your family, EHT is creating trans media platforms that provide clear, science-based information to prevent environmentally based disease and promote health. We work with businesses, universities, and schools at all levels, to create entertaining and informative materials on cellphone risks and ways to reduce them.