Taiwan – Policy Recommendations On Cell Phones, Wireless Radiation & Health
2015 – Government Updated their Protection of Children and Youths Welfare and Rights Act to Ban Cell Phones for Young Children.
- Complete ban on children under the age of two from using electronic devices such as iPads, televisions and smartphones.
- Parents can be fined NT$50,000 (about $1600 US Dollars)
- The new law also states that parents must ensure that under-18s only use electronic products for a ‘reasonable’ length of time.
- Daily Mail News Article – “Taiwan makes it ILLEGAL for parents to let children under two use electronic gadgets… and under-18s must limit use to ‘reasonable’ lengths”
- Teen Safe News Article – “Fined For NOT Monitoring: Taiwan’s New Parenting Penalty”